2.26.2011

One Year Stronger

We have lived in Annapolis one year now and sometimes I still feel like I just moved here yesterday. I'm still trying to find my place and fit in to a different culture than I am used to. I am still shocked at how unfriendly people can be sometimes. I just got yelled at by a lady at Barnes & Noble last week. Seriously, you're going to be rude at preschool story time?! If I hold the door for someone, they automatically assume that I work wherever we are. I guess that's the only reason to open the door for someone. On the brighter side, I love that there is no short supply of fun things to see and do. A year later, there are tons of places we have yet to visit. I have a list of places and we're waiting for the beautiful spring weather to come.


I have found many differences between Texas and Maryland over the last year. I think Texas is more family friendly. The public schools are better and Chick fil a family night is better. Haha! Life is so fast-paced here. Busy, busy, busy! Public transportation and urban housing is a way of life. Even the street names are different-Harbour Heights, Admiral, and Arundel on the Bay (weird right?) versus Saddle Blanket, Ranchman Blvd., and Mustang Dr.


I continue to be amazed at the cost of living here. I think it's crazy to pay what we do for groceries. I think it's double what we spent in Texas. More than $4 for a gallon of milk or a loaf of bread is insane. Restaurants are high as well and with a movie ticket costing $10.50 for ONE, a night out is over the top expensive (especially with a babysitter to pay). Houses are priced so high here and I wonder 'how can you afford one on a minister's salary?' It definitely is a gorgeous area to live in though. Each day that I take Emorie to school, I cross a bridge and see the gorgeous view of the bay and am reminded of God's amazing creation. What a blessing! This evening I saw one of those really pretty sunsets where you can see the rays of sunshine coming down through the clouds. It was the kind that reminds me that God is in control and I am here for a reason. Just beautiful!

1 comment:

  1. Did you take this picture? Is this what you saw? It's soooo beautiful! I wanna take this picture and blow it up to frame! We Texans are nicer, you should move back! :)

    ReplyDelete